Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Stop Motion

We were put into groups of four and five and asked to create a stop motion animation in nine hours, here is the finnished video Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSEk-SbVeJQ&feature=plcp

The animation changed quite a lot to what we planned, it started off with us wanting to do the main character falling off his bike then having to face off with a horde of Zombies but when I was put in charge of finding the correct models I couldn't find a bike and a action figure that would look like a normal guy, what I was able to find was a Power Ranger but the bike that came with it couldn't be found so we had to make some changes to the stop motion, the next problem was I could't find any Zombie models so I created a Zombie by using some modeling Plasticine which looked like this
The problem was we couldn't get it to stand up or walk so we changed the plan, yet again to make it a crawler Zombie, Tom had an idea of doing a spoof of the game Left 4 Dead when a big Zombie enters the arena it starts flashing red and a big zombie turns up but instead we used a model troll that lands on the crawler and twists his head.
The easiest part of creating the stop motion was making the Zombie crawler and creating the backgrounds, the hardest part of the animation was spacing out what needed to be done in the nine hours we got to complete it and also creating the edit because when I used Windows Movie Maker it didn't let me put in a song without making it longer so when I put in a black screen at the end to extend the length i put the song in and as soon as i deleted it all the sounds got mixed up and it took me a good two hours to perfect it.

If I was to change anything in this animation it would be to follow the plan more and make a longer animation, overall I think our team did a brilliant job and we had fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment